I've been trying not to let this get to me lately. But it has. I think a text I got today just kind of pushed me over the edge a little bit.
My roommate got frustrated last year because her friend stopped talking to her after Thanksgiving. I am feeling a bit of sympathy toward that friend at the moment. I invited my roommate to spend Thanksgiving with my family. And she was all for it... until something she liked better came along. Then she decided she was going to her friend's house instead. Which is kind of what happened last year. This roommate decided to spend Thanksgiving with some friends in the ward because she liked one of them.
Part of what my roommate decided to do this year was serve food at a soup kitchen. I don't actually know if that happened. Last I heard it wasn't going to. It just irritates me that she keeps ditching me lately. She complained to me last year that people get annoyed with her after so long and just start ditching her. I think it's really more the other way around, the way things have been going lately.
I feel left out at home (in my apartment). My roommates keep planning things without me. And they don't seem to care that it might hurt the person who isn't being included. I try to include both of them. But I feel completely not included lately. It's hard to keep trying to include people when they don't reciprocate. And it's hard to act interested in what people have to say when they aren't ever interested in what you have to say.
So I sent a text message to one of my roommates a few minutes ago. I was planning on inviting her to come over for dinner, since my parents are making some day after Thanksgiving dinner, and she kinda just blew me off. "I don't have to work but I'm hanging out with friends." She blew me off last weekend to go see a retarded movie. She hadn't made plans to go see this movie until months after I invited her to the barn dance.
Urgh! Okay, I just needed to vent. I'm done now. I will get over it. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment