Sometimes I really do feel like this.
My friend Nikki's husband is recovering from the injuries he got while serving in Afghanistan so much better than we all expected. He's still doing rehab, but he's in California now with Nikki and their little girl, and he's making progress.
On the downside, though, a friend I grew up with and was in Girl Scouts with was hit by a car in a hit and run accident earlier this week. Her family lives in our ward. My dad got a call at around 2 AM yesterday from her mom after the police had knocked on their door. Dad and Wes went to give her a blessing. She's in critical condition and in the ICU. They had to remove part of her skull to relieve pressure from swelling in her brain, and I know that is just the begining. She has two little girls. I just can't even think about how hard this is on her family right now. I have hope that things will work out for the best. Nikki and Greg's situation gives me hope. But it's scary and it's hard to say what will happen.
What really gets to me in this situation is that the person who hit her could be so selfish. I know it's just because I could never imagine driving off. If I ever hit someone, I would be too worried about them to be thinking about getting in trouble. I would be thinking about their family. The people who care about them. How those people will feel when they get the phone call or the knock on their door telling them their child, their wife/husband, brother or sister has been in a serious accident. I just can't fathom how someone can be thinking so much about themselves that they can just drive off.
No comments:
Post a Comment