I wish I had more to write about. Mike and I have been busy working and getting used to married life. It's good 99% of the time, but I'm not going to lie, life gets frustrating sometimes.
We have both had this wicked cold for a long time. I wish it would just go away. The only time I remember feeling this horrible in the past was when I had the flu for a week at Snow and Grandma Moore made me drink jello water (blech. I liked it when I was younger. It made me throw up and have a harder time eating jello since then).
We have made three trips to InstaCare. Twice for each of us. Mike got to try out albuterol, and I had to teach him how to use an inhaler. Good practice I guess for when we have asthmatic children who have to learn. We bought a humidifier. That has been amazing. I finally feel like I am getting a good nights sleep again. And there has been lots and lots (and lots and lots) of cough medicine gone through. I have felt like I had a fever a lot. And missed way more work than I have wanted to. But it's hard to talk on the phone all day when you have no voice. Mike has coughed so much his ribs hurt. I am so over being sick... I think Mike is over it too.
I have been trying desperately to get a different position at work and have been trying not to feel discouraged every time it doesn't work out. I should probably apply for the Elite Desk so I don't have to work weekends any more, but I really really really want to be off the phones. People can be so incredibly cruel on the phone and I don't know if I could take knowing that I had to face six more months on the phones without being able to apply for another position. And to some extent, I just really want to feel like a grown up. Like I am capable of getting a promotion. Like I do a good job at what I do, enough that they want me to have more responsibility.
I still like my work. Some days it can actually be okay. I like knowing that I could stay some really cool places if I could ever get the time off work and have enough money to get to places. I always wanted to travel more, but saving money for it might be a challenge.
Truly, things are good. Writing this post has made me realize that I am grateful for more than I realize. Like good health when I have it, a supportive husband, a job that helps me learn new things about myself. And that has good benefits
No comments:
Post a Comment