I am in a random mood. I feel like making a list of random facts like I used to do on Facebook. So, here it goes:
1. I miss my family members who have moved away over the last couple of years. Especially my sister. It's weird to not have her around at family things.
2. I want nothing more right now than to snuggle my niece but I live too far away from her for that to be an actual possibility right now. Maybe when I can apply for vacation time again I can plan to go visit.
3. I love that I get to talk to random people at work. I don't love that sometimes they are complete jerks. Working in a call center has made me really appreciate some of my past jobs for this reason.
4. Sometimes at work when it is slow, I look up hotels and dream about traveling to them. So far my favorites are the Gaylord Hotels. Those things are huge and look like they would be so much fun to stay in.
5. Hotel discounts are a nice perk of my job, but I think my family has gotten a lot more use out of that benefit than I have.
6. I made Mike let me make hotel reservations for a random weekend in a random hotel in Salt Lake just so I could use my benefit.
7. It makes me laugh sometimes that Mike jokingly (but somewhat seriously) tells me he wants to name our first daughter Zelda. I like video games, but not that much. Sorry sweetie.
8. Learning to compromise on things has been really hard for me. I miss doing my own thing. I got used to doing my own thing. But I am getting used to it. And we do make a pretty good team.
9. Until I started watching 19 Kids and Counting (don't judge. I watch a lot of reality shows with Mike's mom and we make fun of the people, okay?) I really liked the name James. Now I would probably not name one of my children James. Unless it was maybe a middle name.(In case you are not aware of 19 Kids and Counting, the family has a ton of kids, all with J names. I would now feel like I was copying them if I named one of my kids any of the names they used.)
10. I love scary movies. I have no idea why and sometimes wonder why I try watching them when I am home alone, but it's true. I love them. Wesley got me started on them and now I find myself watching ghost shows all the time.
11. I have to keep convincing myself that I do not want a puppy. It helps that there are already two dogs living in our house that I am still getting used to and would sometimes prefer if they were not here. Getting used to married life is enough stress without having to take care of a pet. But it is hard to resist a cute puppy when I see one.
12. I still sometimes feel like being married is a weird dream and I will wake up back at my parent's house. This feeling is not around nearly as much as it was the first couple of weeks I was married.
13. After we got married, I once told Mike that I felt like we were having an extended sleep over. He thought that was pretty funny. Especially since we never slept over at our respective houses when we were dating. Although Mike did stay at my Grandma Moore's house when Grandpa died.
14. I actually watched a show called My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding. Gypsies are pretty much exactly the way I imagined them. Except maybe a little stranger.After watching this show, I would probably never invite a gypsy to a party. Even the ones who seem pretty normal are crazy at parties.
15. Mike's favorite sketch on Studio C drives me nuts. He knows this and thinks it's funny to watch it with me because it makes me shudder. Sometimes he even mimics the character just to bug me. Silly boy.
16. I have always wanted to write a book and always think that some year I will participate in National Novel Writing Month but always forget about it until the month is almost over. Case in point, this is National Novel Writing Month and I have yet to write one word of a novel. Maybe next year... Maybe if I save the link. http://nanowrimo.org/
17. Mike and I each come from families with 3 kids. I have always wanted to have more than 3 kids, but 3 would be a good starting point. I guess we will see what happens.
18. Even more than being an author or editor, I have always always wanted to be a mother. I can tell that even before I could remember wanting to be a mother, I wanted it. A picture of me holding Wesley when I was barely big enough to do so has convinced me of this.
19. I love the library but have a terrible track record of not returning things on time. With reading, my eyes are always bigger than my stomach so to speak and I check out way more books than I could ever possibly finish in the amount of time I am allowed to keep the books. Some day maybe I will learn to limit myself to 1 or 2 books at a time.
20. I have interviewed for several other positions at work recently and I am really hoping one of them works out. I have another interview this week and I am terrified because I haven't interviewed with the person who is doing the interview before. I always try to go into interviews with as much confidence as I can, but I always get so nervous, my hands are like icicles. Someday I hope to be able to control that.
No comments:
Post a Comment