The whole Proposition 8 thing is still bugging. I should let it go, I suppose. It sure would help if the rest of the world would too.
Just one more thing before I do, though. People keep talking about separation of church and state in this issue. I can agree with that to a certain extent. It's one of the things our country was founded on. We should keep church and state matters separated to a certain degree. As I said before, though, separation of church and state does not necessarily mean that I am not allowed to vote for what I think is right because it may have some connection to my religious views.
I think many people are getting off track on this subject. It's one of the reasons I think people need to drop it. Hurtful things are being said by people on both sides of the situation. Things are being brought up that really have nothing to do with the matter at hand. And I think that is something that neither side really wants. People have their opinions. They have the freedom to voice them, but not the freedom to force them on others. I think everyone needs to be reminded of that. Especially when dealing with such a sensitive topic. Being rude does not help anyone else see your point more clearly.
Okay, I'm going to leave this alone now. No matter what else may or may not happen, I have said what I think, and I am going to leave it where it is and move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment