I seem to be up late a lot lately.
Tonight it is because I went to see Stark Trek with my brother. Yeah, I am a little behind the times with that one, but I wanted to see it, and I used free movie passes that I got from work. So it was fairly cheap. It would have been free had I not bought pop corn and drinks.
And I will be up for at least another hour or so. Making brownies for a work party. And hoping they don't suck because I wasn't aware that my roommate had used the last of our vegetable oil and I didn't feel like going to the store again at 11:30 at night. So I melted some butter and margarine. I thought about using olive oil, but when I googled the idea, most people said it wasn't the best idea. Olive oil has too strong a flavor. So I opted for butter. And since I was running low on that, added in a little margarine. I will let you know how that goes.
Star Trek was pretty good, I must say. I love Zachary Quinto (Spock). Not really sure why. He's not the most attractive actor in the world. But I think he has some chops. He played a believable good guy. And he makes a very convincing and creepy bad guy on Heroes, which I have been watching on DVD since my parents gave it to me for my birthday. I think I am hooked now. And I am not saying he's unattractive. He's just no Brad Pitt or... well, you get the idea.
In other news... I was kind of shocked today when I heard that Michael Jackson had died. Not totally shocked, I suppose, as he has had his problems in the past. But unlike Farrah Fawcett, his death was not on the horrizon. I was saddened by her death as well. Although I didn't know either of them personally in any way, shape or form, they made their impact on society, and I think they will be missed.
Anyhow, I think I will get back to my brownies. At least I hope they turn out to be brownies...
No comments:
Post a Comment