Thursday, July 16, 2009

Musings of a 2 AM Wake Up Call

Okay, it wasn't really a wake up call. It was my roommate and at least one of her friends from work coming into her room (which is right next to mine, no hall, door open as my room gets hot in the summer) turning on the light, talking out loud (not yelling, but not whispering either) and then turning off the air conditioner and leaving.
I realize that I probably sleep through a lot of what Hannah does at 2 AM, seeing as how she works until 1 and gets here by around 2 every weeknight. But that doesn't mean its okay to come in and talk and make my room hotter than Hades, and then just leave. Presumably either to babysit this friend's kids tomorrow morning and have a sleepover tonight, or to see the new Harry Potter movie (which makes no sense, since Hannah doesn't like Harry Potter). I mean, what was the purpose of turning off the air? It's not cold in her room by any means, and it certainly isn't going to hurt anything to leave it on when I am trying to sleep. In fact, I am about to go in and turn it back on since she is still MIA.
I am really just irritated that I am now fully awake at 2:33 AM when I have to be at work in less than 6 hours.

No comments: