Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lift

I've been having a strange week, I guess. Good in so many ways. But hard too.
Wesley broke off his engagement. I didn't expect to have such a hard time with this, but I will miss Jayden a lot. And I feel bad for everyone who was involved. I don't know what happened really. Just that it was something that needed to happen. And I'm okay with not knowing. It's kind of hard.
The fireside yesterday was amazing. It lifted me in ways I really needed to be lifted.
And tonight was great too. My Relief Society had an activity tonight. I got a chance to meet more of the girls in my new ward and get to know them better. We had dinner and a chance to talk. The food was great. Sister Johnson made some awesome cake.
The best part was the lesson Bishop Johnson gave. We read the parable of the Good Samaratan. And then we dug deeper into the parable and talked about how it could be related to Christ. There were things I never thought much about. Like how the priest represented the Law of Moses and the Levite represented the prophets and leaders of the Old Testement, and that this was one reason why they did not help the man in the story. It made me think less harshly of them. We needed Christ to save us. The old law and the old prophets, good though they were, could not help us.
It was nice to take a deeper look at the parable and learn new things. It's nice to have these breaks in the week, especially tough weeks like this one, to help keep me uplifted.

No comments: