I'm still trucking along with school. It's hard going back after almost five years (I took a break after Fall semester 2005). I've been really freaked out about it half the time, feeling out of the loop and behind the times. It's amazing how much you forget in a few short years. I can't remember how to write papers. Which sucks, because that's about half of what I do (probably more than half). It's not so bad in Fiction Writing, because I just write whatever (well, within certain limits), and I don't have to worry about format or citing references, because the whole point is to just write.
In American Political Thought and Rhetorical Theory, even though these things haven't mattered a lot, it's different and I feel like I'm doing it wrong. I guess at least no one has told me I'm doing it wrong, which is a good sign, I suppose.
I have survived the first milestones in most of my classes. I took a test in my Food, Nutrition and Technology class, and did even better than I initially thought (there was a grading error. Instead of 80%, I got 87%, which is pretty good considering I didn't study very hard). I got a somewhere between a B+ and an A- on my first Political Science paper (I think B+, if my math is right. Which there is always a chance it's not). I still don't know how I did on my first paper in Rhetorical Theory, but I felt okay about it, and I have been doing okay on all my other assignments in that class.
On another positive note, I like my roommate(s) in Logan much better. I look forward to moving in with unmarried people (need to keep looking for a job so this is possible...), but I like spending time with my little sis and nephew (he's so darn cute! and I love being around him and seeing him change and grow).
This feels like I'm where I should be, which is a nice change from all the months of feeling like everything was wrong with my life. It's stressful and there are things I still need to work on, but I feel a lot happier than I did with dear "Lydia".
No comments:
Post a Comment