Monday, February 14, 2011

I Guess I've Been Living Under a Rock

Well, maybe not really.
I was, however, disappointed to find out that one of my favorite bands (Paramore) kinda split two months ago. Not totally. Three of them are still hanging in there. But two of the members, Josh and Zac Farro, left. It all came out in a rather unkind manner. Some fan posed as Hayley and wrote a blog post about them leaving, causing the band to have to announce that they had left sooner than anticipated and in a way they hadn't wanted to. Then Josh came out and said some pretty hurtful things about Hayley in his announcement of the split. It's not that important, I guess. But it's sad to see any kind of relationship end the way that theirs has. I think that to the band, it has kinda felt like going through a divorce that turned nasty.
I think in some ways I have been thinking about this a lot over the last couple of days because I am realizing I've kinda let some of my relationships (mostly with friends or roommates) end in similar ways. And I feel kind of bad about it now. Like there were things that we all could have done to make things different. And maybe someday I will have the guts to actually do something to make it right. I don't know if I'm ready yet, but I'm getting there.

No comments: