I had to add another post. Because this has been on my mind a lot this week too, and it didn't seem right to just ignore it.
I'm feeling a little freaked out. I'm trying not to. But I keep thinking about going out with Jacob tomorrow. And over analyzing things. I can't really help that part when it comes to guys. I don't know very many girls who can. I learned this living with Lori, Kim and Kristi. We all second guess ourselves and over analyze things when it comes to relationships. Which is funny, because we all feel like no one else feels that way. I guess some people just don't show it as much...
I have to keep telling myself not to jump ahead of where things are right now. It's just a date. It will probably be somewhat awkward. First dates tend to be that way, in my experience. And that's okay. I shouldn't expect too much of it. I barely even know Jacob. I just need to go and have fun and relax.
Thinking about all this just now brought to mind something I read in The Screwtape Letters. And suddenly I am having an easier time not jumping ahead. God wants us to live our lives now, and remember, to a degree, the things that have come before us. When we worry too much about the future, we loose our focus on Eternity. C.S. Lewis explained it so much better than I can. And I don't necessarily agree with everything he said on the subject. But the future is a big "what if". It's something we can't control except by living here and now in the way God would want us to. The future is unknown. And fear of the unknown is something that Satan uses to get to us in all kinds of different ways.
1 comment:
I love that thought! I worry about the future, or more the "what ifs" a lot. Of course it is always the things I can't control. But I like the thought by C.S. Lewis. It helps me put things in perspective. Also, I learned somewhere that it is when we "let go" of the controls is when we gain control of our lives (which to me is peace and a sense of security that things will be okay). Make sense?
Post a Comment