Friday, September 23, 2011

Wake Me Up When September Ends

This month has been interesting. It feels like it just started, and it's already almost over. I feel like so much has happened. And so little. I'm still looking for a job. I've applied for about 11 of them in the last month. I keep hoping something will work out. All I can do is keep applying for things, I guess.
I think my date with Jacob went well. We've talked a little since, but no future dates have been planned. I think there's still hope, though. Every time we've talked in the last couple of weeks, there have been a ton of other people around. Understandably, dating hasn't really come up.
I don't know what will happen. I am older than him, and he knows that. I hope it doesn't scare him off. I hope it doesn't scare me off, for that matter. I try not to care about age, but somehow it always makes its way into the equation. We'll see how things go. At the very least, he's easy to talk to and we both had fun, so I made a new friend, and that's a good thing.
I went to Lori's reception last Friday. I still can't believe all my roommates are married now. It was so good to see her again. And Mike. I miss them. I miss all my Logan friends. I feel like I'm where I need to be right now, but that doesn't change the fact that there are people there I care about. Hopefully I'll do a better job of keeping in touch with all of them than I have done with other people in my life, outside of family.
I am super excited to see family again this weekend. I sometimes feel like I see far too little of my family. Maren has a baby shower Saturday, which I am super excited for. I love babies! And I am so excited for her. She will be a great mom, I know it.
Sunday is Daniel's Farewell. It seems like he's had his call forever! I bet he can't wait to get to South Africa and start teaching the Gospel. He will be a fantastic missionary. I know that too.

No comments: