Mostly this is about the job hunt I am currently engaged in. It's getting old. I've been out of work for more than a year now. And I hate it. I feel so useless. I also feel like I do the same things every day and nothing ever changes. I'm glad I'm not in school right now, because I know the stress of being unemployed would be even worse now than it was last semester.
In the last two weeks I have applied for as many jobs as I could think of. And I search the ldsjobs.org site about every other day for more ideas. It still only adds up to six or seven jobs that I've applied for, but it feels like it takes so much time to fill out all the applications. And I keep getting the same response from the banks I have applied at. Telling me I'm not qualified for a teller position. Which seems funny to me, given I worked at a bank for almost four years, seven months of which I was a teller. I couldn't have been that bad at it, could I?
Today I applied for another financial industry job (at a credit union this time). And I applied at Deseret Book for the second time this year. I applied at a different credit union earlier this week. And last week I applied for two bank jobs and a job with Marriott working for their vacation club.
I really want something to work out. I could almost cry, I want it so bad.
Next week I will be keeping busy, at least for the first half of the week. My Aunt Staci's parents are out of town Monday through Wednesday, and they usually watch my cousin William. So I volunteered to watch Will from 7:50 to whenever the first family member over 9 gets home for those three days. I'm kind of looking forward to it. I haven't seen Will since he was a little over two months old. He's almost one. Crazy how fast time flies.
I'm sure the job search will continue next week as well. Probably even partly while I am watching Will. Maybe I should start looking for child care jobs. I miss babysitting. I would rather have something that has health benefits, but even a nanny job or something like that would be nice right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment