Got another rejection letter in my inbox this afternoon. I'm getting really tired of those. I'm trying to stay hopeful, though. Hopefully the City Library job I applied for will work out. Seriously, as close to my dream job as I can imagine right now.
I spent most of the day peeling peaches and cutting them up to go in a fresh peach pie. I love peaches. They're one of my favorite fruits. I've always wished I had a peach tree, so I could just go out and eat them right off the tree, but I settle for making trips to Brigham City or the grocery store or the Logan farmer's market to satisfy my peach cravings. This is the first time I have ever made pie, so I hope it turned out okay. I cheated on the pie crust because I couldn't find lard at the grocery store, so I bought crust (I do know how to make crust, just so you know. Just didn't feel like it). I also stocked up on mini chocolate chips, since they were on sale and are necessary to make those awesome peanut butter bars.
So, Cara, just for you, I'm gonna post the recipe. I got it out of a Nestle cookbook that I adore called Nestle Classic Recipes.
2 C Peanut butter (divided)
3/4 C (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
2 C powdered sugar (divided)
3 C graham cracker crumbs
2 C (12 oz package) semi sweet mini chocolate chips (divided)
13x9 inch baking pan
Grease baking pan.
Beat 1 1/4 cups peanut butter and butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in 1 C powdered sugar. With hands or a wooden spoon, work in remaining powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 C mini chocolate chips. Press evenly into greased pan. Smooth top with spatula.
Melt remaining peanut butter and remaining chocolate chips in a medium, heavy duty saucepan over the lowest possible heat setting. Stir constantly, until smooth. Spread over graham cracker "crust" in pan. Refrigerate at least one hour, or until chocolate is firm. Cut into bars. Best if stored in refrigerator, as the chocolate and peanut butter melt easily and make them more difficult to eat.
3 comments:
Oh my heck, thank you. I am going to try these peanut butter bars today.
You should tell me what you think. They're so not healthy, but they sure are yummy.
They are in the fridge now. I am being a little impatient.
Post a Comment