Sunday, October 30, 2011

Looking Up

Yet another job interview has not worked out. I'm really bummed. I want to give up, but at the same time, I don't. I really need something to do outside of the house once in a while. I'm still hoping something I applied for in the last two weeks will work out (or even something I applied for in the last month... Please?).
On the plus side, my mom gave me some advice that I think I'm going to take. Because what I ultimately want to go into is writing and/or editing, I'm going to make it a goal to set aside some time each day to just write. I'm going to try and work on things that are applicable to Technical and Professional Writing and read up on writing professional documents a little. But I also want to do some creative writing. I like writing. I want to keep it somewhat fun, on top of improving some of my skills.
I guess I should also get around to applying for school next semester. I want to find a job so I can afford to do things while in school. But I might as well get some of what I wanted to accomplish by quitting my job and going back to school, which will require going to school. As long as my parents are willing to give me a place to live and food to eat and maybe help me with transportation costs (hopefully I can find a way to take Front Runner to Weber State...), then I might as well take advantage of it. Hopefully I can get some kind of financial aid for next semester. If not, I may have to wait until fall of next year. But I might as well be looking.

No comments: