This week has been (and will most likely continue to be) crazy.
The tri-stake dance Monday night was... interesting. There were so many people there! I couldn't believe it. Honestly, while I think it's good to socialize with the other stakes, it would have been better to just have one stake. Or at least to have it in a bigger location. The dance floor was so crowded you couldn't really dance, it took ten minutes to cross the building because so many people were crammed in the main hallway, and it was so loud, you couldn't really meet new people anyway. I had fun talking to Hannah and Kristie, but never did find Elisha, who I had planned to go with in the first place. All in all, not my favorite Halloween memory. :/
Tuesday, I talked to Elisha and apologized for never finding her at the dance. She told me about a guy she met, and I realized he was someone in my ward. Ha ha. Small world. We went to see Cowboys and Aliens later in the day. It was interesting. I liked it in general, but I liked Super 8 better.
Later, mom and I went shopping. These trips always take longer than we plan, but it was fun. I found a cute LED candle to go in my room. Mom found a nice lamp to replace the one that dad and Uncle Jeff broke Monday night while moving furniture around, and we bought clearance candy at Shopko. We found some fun wedding shower things for Rachel and Aaron and I managed to find a gift for my friend Crystal's wedding Friday. So at least it was a productive trip.
Today I have been remembering why I love dryers so much. I really took it for granted until our dryer broke last year. Then we had to line dry everything, which wasn't so bad in the summer, or take it over to Uncle Jeff''s and borrow his dryer for a couple hours. It was a hassle. We now have a working dryer, and I feel like I can get things done again. What used to take me half a day now takes only a couple of hours. And I really missed dryer dried towels and socks. They're just not the same line dried.
Tomorrow promises to be busy again. I have my friend Crystal's wedding at six. I'm really looking forward to going. Crystal was one of my best friends from Theta. I felt like we had known each other forever, even though we were only in Theta together for a year and a half. I hope I'll see some of my other Theta ladies while I'm there, but I have to make it a short appearance because I also made plans with my cousin Holly. I've been meaning to go do something with her for a while, just so she knows I enjoy spending time with her. Eventually I hope to be able to get her to come to Family Home Evening and make some friends in the ward so she might get back into church. But really, I just want her to know I care about her no matter what, and enjoy spending time with her.
Saturday is Rachel's shower, which I am excited for. I always look forward to family things. I think I'm lucky to have family that enjoys being together so much. I know that not everyone enjoys being around family at holidays and other events, but I do, and I feel like I'm lucky to have family that is fun to be around.
After the shower, I have made an appointment (for lack of a better term) to help my Visiting Teaching companion with some homework. She has a hard time sometimes, and I'm glad it's something I can help her with (English. Man, I don't know what I'd do if it was math).
Hopefully next week will keep me as busy, because I really need something to keep me occupied and not stressed about the job search.
1 comment:
You are busy! I love busy weeks sometimes, it makes the time fly! I am glad you guys are coming to the shower:) We will see you tomorrow...call me if you need directions.
p.s. Can you bring some pics to the shower?
Post a Comment