Monday, November 14, 2011

Tender Mercies

I love it when something little happens that just makes my day, my week, or even my year a little better. Or even something big.
Someone in my ward is an amazing friend. As I was leaving Family Home Evening tonight, I was stopped by one of the members of the bishopric who handed me a package saying, "Someone told me to give this to you." I got in my car and looked at what I had been handed after saying, "Thanks!" I couldn't believe it. Someone in my ward bought me Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7, just because they knew I wanted it. They wrote a note telling me what an amazing friend I am, and signed it "Your Friend". I didn't expect it. I have no idea who it was. I have guesses, but I can't tell for sure. But it made me feel very loved and noticed at a time when I have been having a hard time feeling that way. It made me cry.
It might be stupid to cry over something like that, but it meant a lot that someone thought of me. And that game was not cheap. It was very thoughtful of whoever gave it to me.

No comments: