Nothing is wrong, just so you're all aware. But I think baking really calms me down. It helps when there's chocolate involved.
I decided tonight (well, a few nights ago, really) that I wanted to try out a recipe I found on Pinterest. Raspberry Cream Cheese Brownies. And for fun I made a variation of the butter cream frosting I made for the root beer float cupcakes (all I really changed was that I made it chocolate instead of vanilla).
I found the recipe here. There are helpful pictures and such.
First, you make a cream cheese filling.
1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese (softened)
1/4 C sugar
1 egg yolk
3/4 tsp vanilla
(I accidentally put in a little more than a teaspoon of vanilla, and I used neufchatel cheese, since there is less fat)
Mix these ingredients together and set aside.
The brownie mixture goes like this:
2/3 C all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
1/2 C seedless raspberry jam, divided
1 1/4 C sugar
4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3 lg eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
(again, I substituted dark chocolate chunks and over did it on the vanilla a little)
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together. Set aside. In a bowl or double broiler over simmering water, mix the chocolate and butter pieces. Stir until smooth. Add 1/4 C raspberry jam, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla to the chocolate mixture, stirring continuously until mixture is fully incorporated. Gradually add the flour mixture. Microwave the remaining 1/4 C of jam 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
Pour half the brownie batter into a greased 8 in square pan. Spoon the cream cheese mixture and spread until brownie batter is evenly covered. Pour the raspberry jam over, and swirl with a knife.Pour remaining brownie batter over cream cheese layer, and spread evenly.
Bake at 350 for about 55 min, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
1/2 C butter (softened)
4 C powdered (confectioners) sugar
1/4 C heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
Cocoa (I put about 1/4 C, maybe a little less).
Whip butter until fluffy. Add the cream, vanilla and gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing until smooth.
As I have yet to taste these, I hope they are amazing. We shall see in the next 20 minutes or so.
1 comment:
Ok, just tried them (still slightly warm from the oven) and they are good.
Post a Comment