Elyse and Adam came down with Keegan last Wednesday. It was their nephew Craig's birthday party Saturday, so they thought they would come spend some time with us, too. Oh, how these visits make me miss my little buddy.
We didn't do anything super interesting. Mom, Elyse and I went shopping a couple times. We watched some random stuff on Netflix together. Keegan kept us all entertained with his commentary about vacuums, his new favorite word, and had a couple meltdowns over the stand mixer, his new favorite toy (which he refers to as "pump" because of the sound it makes while mixing bread dough). Keegan also impressed us all with his ABC and number skills. I've never seen a little kid so excited to just look at letters and tell you what they are. He saw Wes come out with an Aeropostale shirt on and started yelling "My seven, my seven!" when he saw the numbers.
Thursday I got a call from one of the places I recently applied for a job, and set up an interview for Friday. I felt like it went really well. I'm supposed to hear back soon. I hate waiting, but I'm hopeful. It's someplace I think I would really enjoy working.
Saturday, Mom, Wes and I made a grocery run for the Super Bowl. I decided to make Rootbeer Float Cupcakes, so we had to grab the ingredients for those, and some snack items for the game. I always forget until I am at the store the Saturday before the Super Bowl just how busy it is. Not one of my favorite shopping days, I must say.
The Rootbeer Float cupcakes tasted great, but I felt like they were missing something. They were super moist, but they didn't raise very much. I'll have to see what I can do to tweak the recipe and make it better. My favorite part, by far, was the buttercream frosting that I made to go on top. Delicious!
Sunday was fun. Elyse and Adam went to his brother's house to watch the game, and we went over to my Uncle Jeff's. Halftime was extremely disappointing (in my opinion), and the game was overshadowed for me by the news earlier in the day that Josh Powell had decided to kill himself and his two little boys by blowing up his house. I'm still pretty sick and heart broken for the families involved. I can't imagine what they are all going through now.
Over all, it was nice to spend some family time, even if Adam can drive me crazy and Keegan had his terrible two moments (what kid doesn't?). I really hope Adam gets into a law school that is nearby, cause I will really miss getting to see them on a semi regular basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment