Not much new is going on in my life. Not sure if that's a good thing, but at least things are going smoothly for the time being.
I've been interviewing for jobs like crazy lately. I have got to be getting better at the interviewing part, right? I hope so. And hopefully one of them will work out very soon. I have two second interviews scheduled this week, and I'm hoping maybe there will be one or two more of them.
Last week I interviewed for a nanny position that I really want. I would be watching triplet boys who are nine months old three days a week, depending on the schedules of the other nannies working with the family (they hire three of them, but they all work separate times, which would not bother me one bit). They are adorable little guys. I had fun meeting them, and I hope I will get to see them again. A part time nanny job would be a dream right now. I would love it.
The other positions I have been interviewing for have been mostly bank or credit union jobs, which I would also really like. I'd be really happy if I was offered more than one. It would be nice to have my choice of positions, and I would be really, really happy if I got one of the banking/credit union jobs and the nanny job. Honestly, though, I would be happy either way. It would just be nice to be busy again.
I do keep busy, mostly around the house and with interviewing and applying for jobs. But having a job is different. I want to be that kind of busy again, and on my way to being more independent again. I love being home, but I really would like to not feel horrible about staying out late once in a while to, say, go to a late movie or a party with a friend.
The one moderately exciting, non-job hunt related thing I did last week was go to the opening night of "The Hunger Games". I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it. I felt like it stayed true to the books without being over the top gory. The acting and directing were great, and I didn't feel like the futuristic aspects of the movie got too cheesy or anything. I would see it again in a minute. Maybe I'll have to take my mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment