Sunday, March 11, 2012

Life Can be Bitter Sweet

Yesterday mom and I took an impromptu trip to Logan to visit Elyse, Adam and Keegan. Oh, how I love that kid. When we came in, he did his "I'm so excited you came to my house," dance, which involves his hands waving up and down, and a marching kind of motion that makes me laugh and smile just thinking about it. And miss him, just thinking about them moving.
I am his car playing buddy. As soon as he was finished dancing around with joy seeing us, he came and grabbed my hand. "Pay cars?" he said, and pulled me over to play. I sat down on the floor with him, and he started telling me all about his stuff, pointing to it with a big grin. It melts my heart when he calls me "Kiwi," and I point to him and say "Keegan." That's the sweet part of life. Moments like that.
Today, my ward was officially split. They split our Elders' Quorum and Relief Society about a month ago because they were so large, and today they made the split complete, and divided us along home stake boundaries. This was kind of a bitter sweet thing for a lot of us, I think. Lots of my friends live in the South part of our former ward and are now in the new ward. My ward now has a new bishopric, and our old bishopric is now in the new ward. We'll be meeting closer to home now, which I also feel a little torn about. It's like they're making the divide even bigger by putting us on separate sides of the valley. It will be good, though. Smaller meetings and more opportunity for missionary work in our new boundaries. Things will be different, and I will miss the old ward, but the Church is true no matter where meet or who we meet with. Change can be hard, but it's good. Even when it's really hard, it's a good thing. If life never changed, we wouldn't have the chance to grow and growing is why we're here.

No comments: