Sunday, April 29, 2012

Everything and Nothing

I feel like life has been so crazy the last little while. And yet there is really not all that much to report. The new job is going well, I think. There are stressful moments. We're a little short staffed, and I have had my moments of frustration and wanting to cry with how crazy it gets sometimes. I am amazed at how much I forgot about the financial industry. I remember a lot, but being a teller again after so long is an adjustment.
Members are a little meaner than I remember, too. Not all of them, thank goodness. But there are a few who have made me feel utterly stupid when the problem was with their request, not me.You can't ask me for denominations that don't add up, and then get mad at me when they don't add up. That's your bad math skills, not mine. Grrr...
At least those things only happen once in a while. I feel better being in a job again. And I hope things continue to get better as I settle in. I'm sure they will.
I feel like we have been spending a lot more time with Adam, Elyse and Keegan the last month. And I'm glad, since they'll be halfway across the country for at least three years in a few weeks. Elyse took two praxis tests yesterday and felt like they went well. Hopefully in a few weeks she will be able to start applying for teaching jobs in Kentucky.
We went up to Logan today for Adam's birthday. Even though I can tell dad is trying to keep himself as busy as possible to keep his mind off being released, I think there are aspects he is already enjoying. Like more time to spend with family. I think we will all enjoy that. I do have to mention, though, that it has already lead to him wanting more of his kids to get married so he can start having more grand kids and also take his mind off Keegan being so far away, at least a little. I hope he realizes that that may take a while, since part of that will have to fall on a guy being interested in me.
I was a little annoyed about going to Logan and missing most of my singles ward today for a reason slightly connected to that last request of dad's. There is this guy I really like in my ward. There have been some extremely awkward moments. I wish I were better at reading people. Things have seemed to be getting better. Like last FHE when he made a point of coming over to talk to me after square dancing ended. And he has been talking to me a lot more lately. We are honestly really just friends at this point and I don't know if it will ever go any further. But today was his last day in the ward until August. And I'm not even sure if he'll be in the ward again when he comes back. He better keep in touch. I hope the fact that he asked for help hemming his pants might be a good sign (and a chance to see him again before he leaves Friday).  (Why does my brain work like this, by the way? Why is it that when I am interested in someone or something, I feel like I'm utterly obsessed? I need to learn to control that.)
So there it is. My crazy, boring life at the moment. Hope everything is going well for you all.

2 comments:

Cara said...

lol... hemming pants? I think you should tell him you'll hem his pants in exchange for dinner. Tell people your feelings, or they'll never know.

Karalee said...

Hahaha! I was desperate? I don't know how to hem pants. You should teach me. My mom hemmed them for him. He's leaving in about 30 minutes, so it's a little too late for dinner... But I'm going to try to keep in touch with him while he's gone. And I have talked to him a few times since Sunday.