Sunday, June 10, 2012

For Once I Get the Feeling that I'm Right Where I Belong

I'm not sure if any one caught my last post. I deleted it, since I wrote it when I was upset and still processing what was happening. I think I am in a better place now, though not completely over it.
A week ago, I lost my job. I'm still kind of processing, but it feels like it's for the best. I wasn't ever really, truly happy there, and I think this will give me a chance to find something that will at least make me more happy until I can finish school. I was really hurt at first, and I'm not going to pretend I don't still wish things had worked out differently, but there's not much I can do about it now. I just have to keep moving forward. Who knows, maybe I will find something that will make traveling to visit Elyse, Adam and Keegan a little easier on our family, financially speaking.
Dad and I got new phones last Saturday. The data plan for the smart phones was just getting to be too much, so we got basic phones and added a family texting plan. I think dad does more texting than I do, which is funny, because he fought trying to text for so long! We have talked to Elyse, Adam and Keegan several times this past week, and it seems like things are going well. They found a place and are now just waiting to get their things from the movers. It's a small house (two bedrooms and very similar to one of the apartments I lived in in the Aves). Keegan loves that there is a yard for him to play in. He liked having a pool at some of the hotels on their way out and pretended to be Nemo while he swam, but I think he's happy to have room to move. He has already discovered lightning bugs and loves them. He has been a hoot to talk to on the phone and via Skype (which I am extremely glad exists). That kid thinks about things in such funny ways. It always surprises me the things he notices that no one else takes the time to see.
Even though things are not perfect right now, I'm happy. I know that they will work out. I've had this strange sense of peace about everything since about Tuesday afternoon. And I guess it's not really so strange. I just have a feeling that it will all be okay that I know is from Heavenly Father. I think I feel better about looking for a job this time around than I did before I found my last job. And even though having lost my job has made me wonder how I was going to get back on that wagon again, I've talked to people who have made me feel infinitely better about it. I'm not a failure for having had this experience in my life. It happens. And I will find something.

No comments: