I know I said I wasn't going to be writing on here as much... So much for that. I have been productive though.
Today I sent out all my transcript requests so I can finish school in the next year and a half. Yay! And I applied for a nanny job and two positions at Barnes and Noble. Still truckin' in that department. Hopefully something will work out soon. And even if it doesn't, at least I can be in school this fall and feel like I'm doing something.
A couple of weeks ago, my friend Elisha dragged me to a party. We went to her ward barbeque first, then swung by this girl's barbeque after making Oreo Truffles (so easy, yet so delicious). Elisha party crashes at this place frequently. We know the girl who was throwing the party, but we hadn't been officially invited. What can I say, we're rebels.
Anyway, we met this guy, Andy, there and it's like we all became instant friends. I swear, I feel like I've know him for years, but it's only been since the weekend before my birthday. We sat and talked to him the whole time we were there. He came over for my birthday the next week with Elisha. And we've been doing stuff on at least a bi-weekly basis ever since.
Tuesday, Elisha went to watch Andy do some folk dancing and then they came and picked me up and we went for cobbler at Cracker Barrel (something Elisha and I do on a regular basis). Then we went to drop Andy off at his house and ended up staying and watching TV for like an hour and a half. Mostly this was because I was talking about liking scary movies, which is a fairly recent development for me. I used to hate them. I hated feeling scared, and would stay up watching other shows for hours after watching one with Wes. Then, I guess I got a little desensitized or something, because Wes and I were watching Ghost Adventures every day for weeks, and then looking for other ghost shows to watch. Before I knew it, I was more interested in the stuff than I ever thought I could be. Mostly because I think it's funny and kinda interesting to try and debunk things, but also just because I got addicted to the adrenaline of watching things that freak me out a little, too.
Anyway, Andy wanted me to watch The Walking Dead and see what I thought. We didn't finish the episode because it was a lot more graffic than he remembered it being. Zombies are kinda gross, I have to say. But we decided to watch Ghost Adventures. Elisha wanted to kill us both afterward because she couldn't sleep that night, thinking about ghosts getting her. I felt bad, but I had fun.
Last night we went over again after Elisha's Relief Society activity and watched British comedies. I recommend Father Ted to anyone who likes a little British humor, by the way.
I don't know why, but Andy's a lot of fun to hang out with. I think we just have very similar personalities, for one thing. Tomorrow we're going on a hike. Should be fun. As long as I don't have an asthma attack (I'll plan on taking my medicine with me, just in case). I'm hoping we'll keep doing things together, because he has made this whole being out of a job thing much less stressful.
No comments:
Post a Comment