Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Carry On

Life does seem to have a way of moving on, even when we're not ready for it. I made it through our goodbyes on Monday with minimal tears (I broke down mostly after saying goodbye to Elyse). I think, as a girl, I didn't really realize how much I appreciated having a sister until she wasn't as readily available to me (when she got married). Now she will be even less available in some ways, but I'm hoping I will still get to talk to her about boys and work and life in general on a bi-weekly basis at least. And seriously, I am going to need to learn how to use Skype so I can see them and Keegan will still be able to recognize us.
On another note... I kind of hate going back to work after a long weekend. I feel scattered. I think the fact that both the managers of our main branches are on vacation this week has not really helped things. It has also been extremely slow. I'm not really complaining about that. But it's hard to stay busy and on task when there isn't all that much to do. Members/customers/clients or whatever you want to call them are kind of the whole reason you have tellers. I'm kind of dreading Friday, though, because I'm pretty sure it will be at least somewhat busy (with it being payday for most of our member base), and with a slow week leading up to it... I think the business will feel more crazy. Maybe tomorrow won't be so bad. Or at least so slow...
In other ways, this week has been busy. Monday was wonderful. I love family gatherings, and almost everyone got to be there. We missed those who weren't - Wes, Brendan, Daniel. But it was so great to see those who were there. I was so glad to get to see Nate and it was great to get to meet Hayley's fiance and Bryant's girlfriend. The badminton tournament that David planned was fun. We should do things like that more often (I liked Nate's idea of some kind of Just Dance thing...)
I have a visiting teaching appointment tomorrow night, and I need to do something with Elisha so she doesn't think I have abandoned her. We haven't done anything for a few weeks - she's been sick and off on job interviews and I have been crazy busy with work, mostly because I work five days a week for the better part of the day. I have missed doing things with her as much, but I can't help being busy. Dad and I are also going to go in and downgrade our phones. No more smart phones... I'm sure it will take me some getting used to, but I will probably spend less time wasting my life on Facebook and Pinterest (as much as I really do enjoy them both, there are more productive ways I could be spending my time. Like applying to the U and working on getting financial aid. And cleaning and organizing my room. And doing more cooking or other things I enjoy but never seem to have the time to actually do. And maybe trying to get out of the house more, possibly more dating.)
I need to write more. And I will try to continue updating this blog, but I also need to work on writing other things. Or actually writing another blog that has some kind of theme and may actually be able to generate traffic and help me get writing/editing jobs in the future. This may be my last update for awhile, but I promise, I will be back. And I will still be keeping in touch with those of you I follow.

1 comment:

Jani said...

That was so sad seeing Elyse and her family leave. It is hard saying goodbye. Skype is really easy. My sister lives in Alabama and we skype her all the time. She is at every family party still...just on the computer.