Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Complicated

That is the best way to describe the situation I am in right now.
So, Andy. Yeah. I have to be honest, I liked him a little since Elisha and I met him. Okay, a lot, actually. Like I said, we mesh. We are friends, he invites me to stuff, he's nice and funny and weird, but in kind of a cool way. I'm okay with being friends, because he makes an awesome friend. Yep, things are great.
Except, not really. Andy likes Elisha. As more than a friend. Which, you know, I was okay with when Elisha was insisting that she didn't like him that way at all. But now she's not sure. And there is kissing involved. In front of me. Which is really awkward. What did I get myself into here?
Elisha thought she was being nice, trying to get Andy to be interested in me instead. He kinda drives her nuts. Most of the time. Most of last week she kept telling me this. I know she did not realize that I liked him before she suggested setting us up. Or before the kissing in front of me happened. It was Saturday night after a lot of flirting on her part (okay, and his), that she decided maybe she was interested. I'm upset because I feel like she's sticking me in the middle. I feel like I can't be happy she's with him, but I want her to be happy and if he makes her happy... And I'm upset with him over it too, because he's putting me in the same situation without really knowing it.
But what do I say, really? I've told her how frustrating it is. Honest, we've talked about it. A lot. But I've also realized it's pointless for me to be like, "You can't date Andy because it hurts my feelings," or whatever, because even if she didn't, I can't make Andy like me instead. That's kinda his decision to make.
Whatever happens, I don't want to loose either of them as friends. But I'm afraid they're going to end up hurting each other, and then I will have lose one or both of them in some way or another. I hate that they have put me in this position. I feel like, not matter what happens, one of us is going to get hurt. Probably more than one of us. And it sucks. Big time.

No comments: