Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Life Continues to be Interesting...

This week has been a lot better than last week. Although last week didn't turn out as bad as I thought it could have. I had an interview for a nanny position that I felt went really well, but I'm guessing won't be working out. Haven't heard from them yet, and that's totally okay.
The fourth was kinda ho-hum. I was still feeling a little down about the whole love triangle thing (which has kind of worked itself out, thank goodness. I knew it would, and it hasn't worked itself out in a way that any of us really wanted, but it's good still. I think. I really hope it's not as complicated as it still seems sometimes, but we'll see what happens.). And Wes had to work all day. We had salads for dinner, which was nice. And watermelon. That's always good on the fourth of July. I was bummed we didn't get to spend it with more of the family, but overall, it was a decent day.
Friday was Mom's birthday. That was lots of fun. We gave her a badminton set (now I can practice if David ever wants to have another tournament) and a bocce set. We had dinner outside and played both games. We talked to Elyse, Adam and Keegan on Skype. Keegan even helped mom blow out the candles. Keegan sang me Soft Kitty, and I got to chat with Elyse for a while. And later in the evening I chatted with my friend Aaron who is in Brazil on an internship for the summer. That doesn't really apply to mom's birthday, but it was nice, nevertheless.
Saturday I hung out and played games Elisha, her family and Andy. That was a lot of fun. 
Monday, after feeling frustrated with the job search, going out and applying several places in person, I got a phone call for an interview on Tuesday. Family home evening was a blast. We played human Battleship and I got hit right in the face with a water balloon.
The interview yesterday went really well. I have a conditional offer of employment now, just have to go take a drug test today and wait for the results to come back. I won't be starting til about the thirteenth of August, but things will be good. I'm looking forward to it, because it's not something I have ever done before. Change is good sometimes. I think I will learn a lot. It will be a challenge, but a good one.
I was also going to add, Andy has been trying to set me up with a friend from work. We've been talking on facebook, and he seems like a cool guy. We're planning on going out Saturday, so hopefully that goes well. At least I will have made another new friend.

No comments: