Saturday, July 14, 2012

Family History... I Am Doing It

Wednesday was a good day. Despite the fact that I am in the middle of a still somewhat awkward thing between Andy and Elisha, I feel like I have come out of it with both of them as my good friends. I wish it had worked out differently for Andy's sake. I know he's hurting, but I can't control how Elisha feels. I completely understand his side of things, and hope that someday I will be brave enough to tell Elisha I think she shouldn't have discounted him so fast. He's a genuinely good guy.
Andy and I went to the Family History library across from Temple Square around 6. We just logged onto the New Family Search site and went to town. Andy had a lot more luck than I did, but I'm still learning how to look for things. My family history is done far enough back that it's getting harder to find records. On both sides, we're back in the mid seventeenth century.
It was really fun to just sit there and do that with Andy. It was relaxed and comfortable. I got to talk to my high school English teacher for a while, which was cool. She is a missionary there. I loved her classes and had her two years in a row. She was a tough teacher, but I learned a lot from her, and she really prepared me for college.
Around 8, we left the family history library and went back to Andy's place to eat and watch Downton Abbey. Yep, I got me a good friend if he's willing to watch Downton Abbey with me, even though I know it doesn't thrill him. He made veggie sushi and popcorn and hot chocolate.
I think my relationship with Andy reminds me of Becky Jack and Felix Callahan in The Actor and the Housewife. We just understand each other. I think I got completely past the crush thing. And I'm glad, because he really is an amazing friend, and I want to keep him as such.

No comments: