Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Small Update

Life feels like it's falling into place.
I'll be starting my new job in a little less than a week. I'm slightly nervous, but mostly excited. It will be something new and different. And best of all something that will keep me busy. I've had a good summer, but I'm running out of things to do during the day. Yesterday I was so bored out of my mind. It will be good to get out of the house and learn and do new things.
I'm still dating Mike. That is going really well. I haven't liked a guy this much and felt like it was a mutual thing before. I love that we talk and that I feel completely comfortable around him. I've met his family, aside from his dad, and he has officially met my entire immediate family now. Sunday we briefly talked to Elyse and Keegan on Skype, he came to church with me, and I went to his older sister's birthday party. It was so much fun. I've never laughed so hard in my life. Serious ab workout, there.
We do random things together, and it's so much fun. We've been hiking, seen movies, watched The Twilight Zone on Netflix, gone to the park and played on the swings (best activity ever, in my opinion, even if it does make me slightly immature), cleaned his basement, been miniature golfing, ridden Front Runner to Ogden, watched random YouTube videos together, played games with both our families. We laugh and talk and feel like we can be ourselves, which is really, really important.
Mike is so much different from anything I imagined. I never thought I would meet someone through a blind date, though I've been on many. Even when I've had a great time on those blind dates, nothing ever happened to move things forward and I lost touch with the other person. I never thought I would like someone who reminds me so much of Adam. They're different, of course, and I really have grown to love Adam as my brother, but they're the same in so many ways. But he makes me really happy.
I don't know what is going to happen down the road. I'm still getting to know Mike. For now, things are great and I'm having fun, and hopefully they'll keep going well for a while yet.

No comments: