Monday, October 22, 2012

Registering...

I've been trying to be more productive lately with wedding plans and everything. I admit, there is still a ton I need to do, but we have accomplished some things. For instance, last week we took out engagement photos after getting back from Bryant and Amber's wedding. That was actually not super bad, and my Uncle Jeff did a great job. There are several I plan to at least print off and use for myself, and I am sure Mike and I can come to some kind of concensus of which one or ones to use in the announcements.
This week we decided to tackle registering for wedding gifts. I thought I knew what we would need and what we had already. And I figured that despite the fact that we were registering at two stores, we would be done in two hours, tops. After all, Mike and I have both accumulated quite a bit of stuff, especially as far as the kitchen goes.
That was so not the case. We spent nearly two hours at Target. We killed our scanner gun twice. And still missed things that could be useful. We gave up after our second scanner died. We were going to get another, but after standing in line at Guest Services for several minutes, we talked and decided we both needed a break and it was time to go get lunch.
We had a nice break at Noodles and Company. It was my first time there, and I must say, I enjoyed it. We both felt a little better after getting some food and sitting for a while, just talking and not worrying about doing anything else for a while.
After lunch, we decided to tackle Bed Bath and Beyond. I always forget just how much stuff there is in that store. I am sure we were there for at least another two hours. And that was just skimming the surface. We tried to just focus on basic needs/wants and didn't spend too much time in any one area. We got distracted. And found lots of interesting things. But after a point, neither of us could take it any more. We were tired. Mike was especially tired from working overtime for the last several weeks until three in the morning (I wish he would try to sleep in more on the weekends or stop to take naps, but he insists he's fine).
Today I discovered that somehow we had ended up with baby items on our Target registry. Not sure how that happened. We went nowhere near baby stuff. I don't know what we scanned that it switched. It doesn't even matter. I'm just glad my mom caught it before other people saw and wondered if we were getting married because of a pregnancy or something. So, even after the actual process of registering was over, there were still things I had to fix...

1 comment:

Cara said...

That is so funny about the baby stuff. It really would have made people wonder. lol

If I could go back and register again, I would have made my list a lot smaller. That way I might have gotten more of the things I really wanted, instead of random stuff we scanned.