Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blech... and Other Things

I am feeling icky. And I really don't want to be feeling icky right now. It's a dizzy, nauseous kind of icky, and I hate it.
Not only does it not thrill me to be sick, I am not super excited to be missing work. Don't get me wrong, work is not my favorite place in the world right now, nor has it ever really been that way. It's just, if I'm not going to be there, I would rather it be for something fun. And at least right now I don't hate work as much as I have a lot of the last six or seven months. Right now it's kind of okay.
And on top of that, I am super not excited to be sick when my sister is supposed to be having a baby this week. Because that means I might not get to see him as soon as I thought. They kind of don't like sick people to visit new babies. Especially in the hospital where you might make other people's new babies sick, too. Boo!
I really hope this thing, whatever it is, goes away before next week. Because I am going to be a very busy person next week. Rush week with the sorority and all. And possibly other stuff included as well. But I am glad to be getting busy again. Given I am not sick for the first part of all the busy-ness.
I decided on two institute classes. Institute choir (because I miss singing, and this semester it is at a time when I can actually take it!), and Old Testament (because I haven't taken anything Old Testament yet, and I would like to do more of it. I have always had a thing for Jewish history, which I feel like you get a good chunk of in O.T.). That should keep me pretty busy.
And I also decided that I am going to buy a desk and a printer and take an online class from BYU Independent Study. Which will keep me even more busy. Which, as I said is a good thing. It gives me less time to be alone, which in turn gives me less time to be depressed and more time to be happy and get to know other people.
I have kind of decided that it is my goal this school year to be less socially awkward. Which means I am going to force myself to go to more parties, talk to more boys at exchanges, and actually instigate some of my own parties (because practically no one has been to my apartment). I hate being alone. I may be shy, but that doesn't mean I like being alone. It also doesn't mean I don't like talking to people. It just means that sometimes I have a hard time with those things when other people don't.
So, here's hoping the dizzy monster goes away tonight so I can get on to accomplishing some of my goals.

No comments: