Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rush Week: Why I am Glad I am not Sick Right Now

In case you didn't get this from my last post, I am no longer feeling dizzy. I think this is a good thing. I have been pretty much as busy as I said I would be this week. One reason I am glad that Keegan was born over the weekend. I got to see him, which I was beginning to fear would not happen for a while.
Yesterday was Rush. I felt like it went pretty well. I hope we get some good pledges out of it. I still felt awkward- it's hard to talk to girls who don't seem interested. But there were a few that I talked to that seemed interested. I hope this is a good sign.
Tonight I went to the LDSSA BBQ. It was fun. I met some nice guys in Iota, and got to talk to a few friends. I also met some awesome girls from one of the other Sororities. They were easy to talk to. Always a plus, for me.
Tomorrow we find out who our pledges are! Yay! I can't wait. Making new friends is always nice. And then we get to head over to the SGC Rush Carnival. I haven't been every year since I joined, but I have enjoyed it the times I have gone. I'm bummed they can't get the donkey anymore, though, because apparently it bit someone a couple years back.
Friday I am super stoked because I am going on a date. I need to do more of this. And be more involved. I know I have said this before, but I seriously mean it.
And Saturday is the busiest day of all. Hannah and I are possibly going to try and do baptisms in the morning. Then head to a Relief Society activity (yummy international food!) and then The Rush "Get Down" at the parking garage up at the institute. Otherwise known as the Rush Stomp.
Next week should be a little less crazy.

1 comment:

Karalee said...

Rush totally rocked, by the way. We had to close our chapter, and I think we got a great group of new girls. I am really looking forward to this semester!