I never thought I could compare someone to my roommates in Cedar City. And trust me, it's not something you would want to compare to. But I think I actually found someone worse.
My brazillian roommate, we'll call her "Lydia" in honor of my least favorite female character in Pride and Prejudice, has sunk to a new low.
Friday she texted me while I was at work about when I would be moving out. Here are her exact words: "Hello Karalee, so I have a very random question. When are you going to be moving to Utah Stat? Cause if I need to find another roommate I wanna know now so I can do it soon because I'm paranoid and don't wanna end up paying all the rent by myself he he."
I didn't respond Friday because I felt a little annoyed, not only with the fact that she felt the need to contact me at work, but with the way she said things. Thanks, I feel real loved... Saturday while babysitting my cousin I get another text.
"Hey Karalee did you ever get my text yesterday?" I forgot to mention, she sent it twice. So I wrote back: "I did. And you know what? I will tell you when I know. You need to be a little more patient."
Her response was rediculous and only cemented my opinion of her: "I need to be patient? I'm not the one freaking out about the question. Its not that hard to say I'm not sure (um, was this not what I said?). I didn't mean to be rude by asking that, I just wasn't sure and you are NEVER around its like you don't even live here and I wouldn't be surprised if one day you just got up and left."
Okay, so maybe she didn't mean to be rude. I felt like her asking me three times in two days was a little much though. And I didn't freak out. I told her I didn't know and I would let her know.
The last part was what really got to me. I have never, and I mean never, done anything to suggest that I would just get up and leave. Sure, I don't really feel welcome in my own appartment, but come on. If I tell you I'm going on vacation even though I don't like you, why would I not tell you I was moving? She would be far more likely, given my experience with her, to do something like that. Especially since she is the drama queen of the avenues and would want to make a dramatic exit.
So I responded: "You were really rude. You don't treat me like I live there. There is a reason I don't spend a lot of time there. You. I'll tell you when I have a job and a place to live after I talk to Pat (our land lord)."
Her response: "Um I'm sorry but I don't do anything to treat you like you don't live here (that's why she asked me to move my tv upstairs, and why there is nowhere to keep my food downstairs but she criticizes my having food in my room... yep, nothing to make me feel like I don't live here.). If anything you are the one that acts that way (um, duh. I already told you, there's a reason.). If I didn't say hi or talked to you, you wouldn't even talk to me! How am I being rude there. And if you don't like living here then move (duh again. Why does she think I decided to move in the first place? Not because I love it here so much). Why live somewhere where you hate? I honestly don't do anything to be rude to you and I've tried to be your friends and invite you to things (three things... yeah, real friendly. And two of those, you didn't tell me time or place and left without me)and if you wanna think that then its your problem."
This one I haven't responded to yet. Part of me doesn't want to. The other part of me just wants to have a knock down drag out and lay everything out on the line. People who are your friends don't treat you the way she treats me. Friends tell you what's good about yourself, even if they occasionally tell you what's not good. They don't sit and nit pick everything you do. They don't turn off the heat in your room because they blame you for the high gas and electric bills. They don't tell you that your problem with life is that you don't have a boyfriend. And they would actually wait for you or tell you when they were doing things.
Part of me also wants to send her this post in response and let her take it as she will.
Whatever I end up doing, I will be moving out as soon as I find a job and a place to live. If I have to I'll live with my sister and brother in law. And I won't be telling her anything. I will tell my land lord, and he can tell her. And maybe she can just suck it up and pay the rent, since I have been paying for internet for six months without ever seeing anyone else contribute. That's going away tomorrow, by the way (well, today, actually).
No comments:
Post a Comment