Thursday, April 15, 2010

End of a Chapter

I feel like a part of my life is coming to a close in the next couple of weeks.
This Tuesday we had my sorority's spring banquet. We have dinner, award scholarships, announce the new leadership of the sororities, and have a short program. I think this is what made me really start to feel like things were changing. Some of them faster than I want them to.
This year we tried to cut some out, since a lot of girls complained that last years banquet was too long. I think it went very well.
Two girls from my chapter got scholarships, which was really cool. Especially because one of the scholarships they give out is funded by members of Lambda Delta Sigma, and they were able to give out five of them this year (500.00 a piece. That is amazing!).
I'm excited for the new President of Theta. I think she will be amazing. I have gotten to know her as another officer this year, and I really respect her and have had a lot of fun getting to know her. In some ways I'm sad I won't be around next year. But I am going forward with the move to Logan and attending USU for now.
Sorority and my ward are what are making it hardest to make the changes I'm getting ready to make. My ward is amazing, and I really am not looking forward to changing wards again. As awesome as the ward I lived in previous to this was, this ward is ten times more amazing. I really feel like we are all friends. My home teachers have actually come over, and I feel like they want to be there for me, not one of my roommates (maybe because I am the only one in my apartment that they teach...). I like FHE, which is saying something because I have struggled with making it since I have started spending so much time alone (thanks to my roommates who are busy and never have time to do things with me, but will drop everything to do those same things with others... I'm not annoyed...).
Sorority has been the most awesome experience I've had in the last four years. In many ways, this year with them has taught me a lot. I felt ready to move on last year before I was called to be an officer, but I know I needed this experience. I learned a lot about who I am, and a lot about loving people for who they are. I've grown in ways that I didn't realize I needed to grow. I've made such good friends and I think I have needed that this year more than ever. They've all been great examples of the kind of friends I really want to have. They're super supportive, and I admire them all for their many different personalities and talents. And most especially for their testimonies of the Gospel. I wouldn't be the person I am now without the friends I have made in Theta. I'll miss them a lot, but hopefully I'll be able to keep in touch with them and see them when I visit the city.
As I have said in past posts, change is hard, but it's almost always worth the challenge.

No comments: