There's more to this post than just the Pandora thing, but as I was getting ready to write, I couldn't decide what to title my post. I've had this song stuck in my head the last couple of days by a band my roommate Lori introduced me to, called The Hush Sound. I have some of their stuff on my iPod, but I've gotten in the habit of listening to them on Pandora a lot lately.
I've also spent a lot of time painting the outside of my parents' house. Man, we've done a lot of work on the house this summer. A lot of it has been dad and Wes, but I've done a little too. You almost wouldn't recognize the place. We have a new front door, we've painted the sofets and put up fascia (I have no idea how to spell these things, I just know where they are located and my best guess at spelling. Forgive me). We cleaned the old junk cars out of our back yard. And now we've pulled up all the tile in mom and dad's bathroom, and fixed some holes in the ceiling that have been around since before we fixed the roof several years ago. I've been texturing the ceiling in our laundry room. It's been a lot of work, but it sure looks nice.
My point with Pandora, though, is that painting and texturing can get kinda boring by itself. Especially if no one else is around. So I started taking my smart phone out with me and turning on Pandora while I painted. Time flew with new music to listen to. I've discovered I really do like Christian music. Not just Relient K. And that there are a lot of bands I need to listen to more of and see what I think. I can't afford to buy any of it on iTunes at the moment, but I now have a list of new music I like. Which hasn't happened in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment