My ward is awesome. They just are. We have such a mix of people. I like the diversity. I think growing up in Rose Park has instilled a lot of that in me. I feel most at home in places where there are lots of different people.
Tonight for FHE we had a Luau. It was really fun. I brought my friend Elisha with me for part of it, and hung out with one of my Visiting Teachees. I met one of my other Visiting Teachees, and talked to this girl in my ward who has a little boy- he's super funny- who is so nice.
I was shocked to see my old crush, Harrison, there. He's not in my ward, and there are only two or three people in my ward who know him. I didn't get a chance to talk to him, because Jacob, the guy who got my number a few weeks ago, came and sat by me and then Hannah (my old roommate who I sometimes had issues with, but who is still a good friend) came over and sat by me and kept trying to get me to talk to Jacob. Which I did... sort of.
One of the guys in our ward who is Polynesian helped a lot with planning the Luau. His family made most of the food (which was delicious) and they even put on a Polynesian show for us, teaching some dance moves. The best part was when he did a fire/sword dance. So cool!
It was also nice that Jacob followed through! I have a date with him next Saturday. I'm hoping it goes okay. I think there's enough mutual interest that there's some hope, at least. I have to say, I would just be happy to date more than I have in the last year. This is something I really miss about sorority, and hope that maybe Institute and my ward will help me with. Although, of course, I really primarily go to Institute and Church because I like learning about the Gospel and being around other people who do, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment