I always wonder how much to tell my parents about some things. Like do I tell my mom I have a date? Do I tell her I kind of like the guy? What happens if the date totally sucks? To be honest, I've worried about the whole dating someone from my ward thing a little for this reason. If things don't work out, it's hard to avoid someone you have to spend three hours a week with. It wouldn't be bad if things don't work out from the get go, but if this "relationship", for lack of a better word, goes anywhere and then things go down hill, what then?
I decided to tell my mom about my date with Jacob. Just so when he shows up to pick me up, my parents aren't wondering what's going on. I haven't really let on how much I might like Jacob. Just in case things don't go well. And I know I shouldn't stress so much. I guess it's just part of my personality.
I've been reading The Help for the past week, and the parts when the story is told from Skeeter's point of view are really sticking with me. My mom is not like her mom at all. But I know neither of my parents would be disappointed to see me get married in the near future. (I'm not saying this will be happening. I try not to get my hopes up too much. And it's just not realistic to be thinking that at this point in time.)
It's not that I've never felt pretty. I've never had anyone really tell me I wasn't. Sometimes I don't feel that way, but it's not an every day thing. I've never had a guy ask me on a date,though. Well, not a guy I sort of knew and wanted to get to know better, anyway. And sometimes that has felt like guys are trying to tell me I'm not worth it for whatever reason. I try not to get my hopes up. But it feels nice to be noticed.
No comments:
Post a Comment