"I would not have you spend five minutes with someone who belittles you, who is constantly critical of you, who is cruel to you and may even call it humor." -Jeffrey R Holland
I need to keep this in mind while thinking about the things that have happened over the last two days as well.
I have been struggling not to think too much of what was said. And struggling to actually not blame myself completely for the way things are. I try so hard to keep the peace sometimes that I end up doing that. Even when I know its not true.
In the note that "Lydia" sent me that really completely ended our relationship as far as I'm concerned, that was exactly what she did. And what she has always done whenever I have talked to her. While reading the New Era today as I drove around town with my parents doing errands, I came across that quote by Elder Holland. True, he was applying that to dating in the magazine, but I believe it holds true of any relationship. If all a person can see about you is the negative, then they are not worth spending time with. I really hope I can remember that more.
The things she said upset me a lot. I was bawling last night as I wrote my last post. I want to retalliate. To be immature as she is constantly telling me I am. But I know it won't accomplish anything.
On a sort of side note, the age she keeps telling me I'm behaving like is at least better than the one she behaves like. I may be five, but at least I'm not twelve like she is. Five year olds are nice. Twelve year olds are mean and vindictive. Which would you rather be?
No comments:
Post a Comment