Friday, April 8, 2011
Baby Animal Days
I have been looking forward to this for the last month. And as much as I have been looking forward to it, Elyse has been looking forward to it 10x more. Sadly, April did not want to have nice weather for Baby Animal Days at the American West Heritage Center. We were planning on going with Keegan yesterday. But instead it snowed. All day. There is a possibility we will try to go tomorrow, but the weather reports do not look promising. Since we couldn't go yesterday, Elyse and I took Keegan shopping for Easter stuff. We found him some awesome Weebles. One is a chick, the other a lamb. Keegan loves his Weebles. Elyse also found a Ken doll she wants to buy for Keegan really bad (mostly as a joke). It's Sweet Talking Ken. You push his chest, and say something (for example, "Hi, Keegan",) and the doll says it back in a lower tone voice. I giggle like a little girl every time we've played with it at the store. I'm pretty sure Keegan thinks I'm crazy. To make up for not going to Baby Animal Days, Elyse decided she wanted to go to this Italian ice place called Zeppe's and get this thing called a Gelata. It's custard layered with Italian ice. I thought it sounded kinda nasty, but it's really good. Like so good I want to go get another right now. Then we went grocery shopping at Macey's and went back to Elyse and Adam's place. Every day I've been over this week, Elyse has made something with zucchini. She and Adam made a goal to use all the veggies and fruits they get in their Bountiful Baskets each week by the end of the week. So Tuesday she made veggie casadillas (actually really good) and Wednesday she made something else with zucchini (it slipped my mind what exactly, but it was good). Yesterday she made lasagna with zucchini and beef. Very yummy. And we watched Tangled with Keegan, who danced to every song. All in all, it was actually a pretty good day, despite the nasty weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Baby Animal Days sounds fun. Kambree would love that! I hope you get to go after all. We got a bountiful basket this week, so I hope I can be as creative as Elyse and Adam are...it is my goal to eat more veggies and fruits and get Kambree to eat them too.
We didn't end up going, but might make a trip to see the animals later.
Keegan will eat the veggies, but not the fruit. It's kinda funny. He pretty much only likes pears. He hates mangos, peaches, bananas. Funnily enough he likes mangos dried though. And rasins. But not the fresh stuff. Kids have funny taste.
Post a Comment