Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sometimes Life is Hard

Not really for me, at the moment. But I have a lot going on with people I know. Most notably, my friend Nikki. Last night my mom told me that Nikki's husband, who is in the military and has been serving over in Iraq for several months, was injured. He was hit in the head, and the shell went through his helmet and they thought it was lodged in his skull. The last I got news, they had transported him to Germany and he was out of surgery, but they were having a hard time getting him to wake up. It's hard to hear about Nikki going through this. I have know Nikki for years. She and Elyse were in the same class several times through elementary school, and when I was in sixth grade, Nikki and I were in the same class (it was a fifth/sixth split). Nikki and Greg dated a lot in high school. They were pretty inseperable. After Greg enlisted when he was about 19 (she was too), they decided to get married. Nikki and Greag have a little girl, named McKenna, who is a few months younger than Keegan. Nikki's dad and my dad have served in the bishopbric together for many years, and we've all gotten to be pretty close to her family. They've been through a lot of tough times, and we've tried to be there for them whenever we could. I truly hope and pray that things work out. That Greg is okay. Because I can't fathom how hard this must be on Nikki and McKenna. And the rest of the family.

No comments: