Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Best of Me

Let's be honest. I really have no idea what to title my blog entries half the time. Things just pop into my head, and even if they don't fit, they end up in the title line. I've been thinking a lot tonight. Having a hard time with change, I guess. At least in some ways. Life has been a little weird lately. One of my good friends from Theta recently told me she is getting a divorce. I know she's been unhappy for a long time. Pretty much since she got married. I want her to be happy, but at the same time, it's sad to see her giving up. Their relationship wasn't bad. He didn't abuse her. She says she just doesn't love him, not the way he loves her. There were some other things. But that's the main one. I'm just trying to be supportive, but sometimes it's hard. I'm pretty bummed about things in my apartment, too. Nothing is really wrong. But I'm sad that the end of the semester is approaching and people are making plans to leave. I thought I would be able to find a job and stay here for a while, but the more time that passes, the more likely it seems that I will be coming back to Salt Lake for the summer. Hopefully I can keep in touch with my current roommates and have some friends when I come back in the fall. But the whole idea of change is making me sad. And I've been thinking a lot about Kalia tonight. Missing her. Wishing I had kept in contact with her better over the last few years. Wishing I could write her a letter and get a response. Wishing cancer wasn't such an ugly thing. But I guess wishing can't always do that much. All I can do is go forward and do the best I can with what I have.

No comments: