Monday, April 11, 2011
Hugh
I've know about this since either Wednesday or Thursday of last week. I was sad to hear about dad's cousin Hugh passing away last week. I do know that it has been a tough battle and that he is now no longer in pain, but it's always sad to hear about someone in the family dying. I didn't know him very well, but I did know his son Daren, who is on a mission in Mexico right now. I know Daren is a very good guy. He would always say hi to me at the Institute after we met about a year ago. We were both involved in the fraternity and sorority program at the Institute, and met during Battle of the Chapters when our fraternity and sorority were teamed up together. I noticed on the roster when I signed in that there was another Dearden on the team, and knew immediately that we had to be related. When we both showed up at an after party later that night we talked about who our parents were, and of course about Henefer and our grandpas. I was always happy to see him around at activities after that, and appreciated his outgoing personality. I'm sure some of that came from his dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment