So, as predicted, I did not finish reading the books I checked out last month. Actually, I still haven't finished any of them. I started reading Fire, then I got my job and I just haven't made it all the way through. And I am reluctant to start the others, because I am already in the middle of five books. I renewed them all, but we'll see how I do this time. If I don't start getting into them by this week, I should probably take at least a couple back, so I don't have to worry about ending up with over due books.
I have to work the next couple days. I worked tonight, but we were a little over staffed, so they sent a few of us home early. Hopefully I'll start picking up more hours soon, though.
Wednesday I actually will be able to make it to my friend's bridal shower, but I have no idea what to get her. And I'm broke. Something will come to mind, I'm sure.
Saturday I have a get together with some of my old sorority friends, which I'm excited about. I don't get to see them nearly enough since they ended the program, or since many of them have gotten married and gone on missions and others of us have just moved on with life. I think we're all in good places, and I think it was a good thing to get rid of the sorority and fraternity system, but it will be nice to see some of my friends again.
My friend Elisha wants to do a double/group date thing this Saturday night. One of her other friends is planning on getting in on the action. We'll probably just go over to Elisha's house and make food or something. I need to work on finding a date. It always terrifies me to ask someone out. I can't really say I've had terrible luck since about half the time I've actually gotten dates myself, but it still scares me. It was so nice to have a guy ask me this summer that I've gotten even more scared to do the asking or show interest. I'm always convinced that if I talk to a guy I like, he will know I like him and things will get awkward. It's not true. At least I hope not. I have yet to meet someone who can actually read minds. But I still feel like if I show interest, the guy will take off in the other direction. I still have trouble believing that someone can be interested in me in return.
I need to remember tomorrow to ask for part of next Monday off for family pictures. And I can't believe that Christmas is only two weeks away. I think next week will be a little less crazy. I hope, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment